Want a quick and easy yet flavourful suggestion for supper?
While visiting my cousin in Italy this summer, we were treated to this great pasta dish that she whipped up in no time. What’s also great about this recipe is that the ingredients are readily available at the grocery store throughout the year.
You can easily change the ingredient quantities to feed larger crowds. And, although this is a simple recipe, don’t think it is only for casual family dinners. It is sure to impress dinner guests too!
Good quality parmesan cheese is key to deliciousness factor!
- 250 grams orecchiette pasta
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 100 grams diced pancetta
- 150 grams sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3–4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the orecchiette as per package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick frying pan and cook the zucchini on medium heat until lightly browned but still firm. Set aside.
- Heat another 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and brown the mushrooms. Set aside with the zucchini.
- Wipe the pan, heat another 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and fry the pancetta until the edges are crispy.
- Add the zucchini and mushrooms back to the pan with the pancetta.
- Once cooked, drain the orecchiette (save some of the pasta water) and add to the pan with the vegetables and pancetta.
- Stir over low heat until ingredients are well mixed. If you find it too dry add a couple tablespoons of the pasta water. Mix in 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, serve and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.