- 250 grams orecchiette pasta
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 100 grams diced pancetta
- 150 grams sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3–4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the orecchiette as per package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick frying pan and cook the zucchini on medium heat until lightly browned but still firm. Set aside.
- Heat another 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and brown the mushrooms. Set aside with the zucchini.
- Wipe the pan, heat another 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and fry the pancetta until the edges are crispy.
- Add the zucchini and mushrooms back to the pan with the pancetta.
- Once cooked, drain the orecchiette (save some of the pasta water) and add to the pan with the vegetables and pancetta.
- Stir over low heat until ingredients are well mixed. If you find it too dry add a couple tablespoons of the pasta water. Mix in 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, serve and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.