Asparagus pizza may not be what pops into mind when you think pizza, but trust me, this recipe from Nonna Anna is a family favourite and it’s easy to prepare too!
See our previous Potato Pizza or Pizza Dough post to make a perfect, no fail pizza dough to use in this recipe.
Although it is not asparagus season, we are noticing that our local grocery stores have been featuring fresh asparagus often so it inspired us to make this pizza that we’ve heard Nonna Anna’s family rave about so much.
This pizza is easy to prepare and goes well with a nice hot bowl of homemade minestrone or chicken soup for a quick and delicious weekday supper idea!Print
Pizza with asparagus
- Pizza dough
- 1 pound fresh asparagus (washed well and cut into 1″ strips. If the asparagus is large in diameter, cut the pieces lengthwise in half then in half again)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- half cup grated mozzarella
- Roll/stretch and place the dough into a lightly greased pizza pan. Prick the dough all over with a fork.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the asparagus pieces and cook the asparagus until just tender. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- When cooled, spread the asparagus and oil it was cooked in evenly over the dough.
- Lightly sprinkle the mozzarella on top of the asparagus.
- Nonna Anna cooks the pizza in her gas convection oven at 420F for 20 minutes.
- We made a 15″ round pizza with this recipe.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.