- Pizza dough
- 1 pound fresh asparagus (washed well and cut into 1″ strips. If the asparagus is large in diameter, cut the pieces lengthwise in half then in half again)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- half cup grated mozzarella
- Roll/stretch and place the dough into a lightly greased pizza pan. Prick the dough all over with a fork.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the asparagus pieces and cook the asparagus until just tender. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- When cooled, spread the asparagus and oil it was cooked in evenly over the dough.
- Lightly sprinkle the mozzarella on top of the asparagus.
- Nonna Anna cooks the pizza in her gas convection oven at 420F for 20 minutes.
- We made a 15″ round pizza with this recipe.