- 1 bunch of rapini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes (peeled, boiled in salted water and mashed)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2–3 anchovies finely chopped (optional)
- chili flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to season
- To prepare the rapini, trim the stalk ends and discard. Remove and discard any discoloured leaves. Wash the rapini really well. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then add the rapini and cook until tender but not mushy. Drain well, let cool slightly, chop into small pieces then squeeze out any excess water. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onion and pepper and cook until tender. Then add the garlic and saute together for a couple of minutes.
- Next, add the anchovies and chili flakes and cook altogether for a few minutes stirring constantly until the anchovies dissolve.
- Add the chopped/drained greens and stir to mix well and heat through.
- Finally, add the mashed potatoes and stir all the ingredients together with a spatula until evenly mixed. Adjust for seasoning if necessary.
- Cook until the potatoes are heated through.
- Serve while warm.
- If you have pickled red peppers, they are really tasty in this recipe.