Spaghetti with grean beans, potatoes, zucchini and tomatoes
- 225 grams spaghetti
- 4–5 medium-large potatoes.
- 1 pint, roughly two cups, grean beans cleaned
- 2 medium size zucchini
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 8 roma tomatoes peeled and chopped, fresh/frozen or 1 can chopped tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over high heat and add the chopped garlic. When the garlic starts to brown add the tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir and continue to simmer while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. The sauce should cook until the water from the tomatoes dissipates, roughly 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare a large pot with 3 litres of cold water. Peel the potatoes and chop each one into 6 chunks. Place them in the pot and bring to a boil. After the potatoes boil for 8 minutes, add the grean beans and cook for another 6 minutes. Chop the zucchini into chunks and add to the pot. Bring it back to a boil and immediately add the spaghetti, broken in half. Add the remaining salt and cook for half the suggested cooking time on the package of spaghetti. Remove 1 litre of liquid (unless you like it really soupy) and add the tomato sauce. Continue to boil until the pasta is cooked and serve.
- If you would like to thicken the juice a little bit, mash up some of the potatoes with a fork before serving. This makes quite a bit, half of this recipe would feed a family of 4.