Italian stracciatella soup with chicken broth, beaten eggs and parmesan cheese.
- 2 liters chicken broth
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (this will depend on the saltiness of the broth)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a large pot.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Add the parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper to the eggs and beat together.
- Once the chicken stock has come to a rolling boil add the egg mixture.
- Allow the egg to coagulate at the surface then lightly mix with a whisk.
- Do this for 3 minutes, whisking everytime the eggs come together at the surface.
- Serve and sprinkle with chopped parsley and more grated parmesan.