Grilled vegetables in a pressed panini.
To make 3-4 large panini:
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 baby zucchini
- 2 bell peppers, color of your choice
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- fresh spinach
- cheese of choice
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- Grill the pepper whole until the skin is charred. Peel off the skin, remove the seeds then tear or cut into quarters.
- Cut the eggplant and zucchini into slices no thicker than ¼ inch or 1cm. Place on the BBQ and grill on both sides until tender.
- Dress the grilled eggplant with 1 clove garlic finely chopped, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp oregano, and 1 tsp salt
- Remove the stems from the portobello mushrooms then drizzle them with a bit of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and black pepper before grilling. Slice the mushrooms on a diagonal about 1cm thick once cooked.
- Slice open a crusty ciabatta bun and grill the insides.
- Assemble the panini by layering the vegetables, drizzle them with some dressing then top with your favourite cheese and fresh spinach leaves.
- Place the top on the panini, put back on the hot grill with a heavy weight on top. Grill on one side for a few minutes then flip and grill the other side.
Just an FYI for timing, the zucchini and portobello mushrooms take longer than the eggplant to grill.
- Category: panini
- Method: grill
Keywords: grilled vegetable panini