Sardines grilled and dressed with a hot pepper, garlic, oregano and olive oil dressing.
- 750g whole frozen sardines, thawed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2–1 tsp chili flakes, or as much as you like
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Lemon wedges
- Heat barbecue to high.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Clean, gut, remove gills and scales from the fish.
- Pat dry and sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Place the Cookina Grilling Sheet on the hot grill.
- Place sardines on the Cookina Grilling Sheet in a single layer.
- Allow them to brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove to a serving platter.
- Immediately drizzle with the hot pepper dressing and a squeeze of lemon.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe can be made without the Cookina Grilling Sheet but be sure to clean and oil the grill.
- Do not attempt to flip them until they easily release or they will break apart and stick to the grill!