Thinly sliced fennel with a sweet but tangy blood orange vinaigrette.
- 1 medium bulb fennel
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- pinch black pepper
- Cut off the tops of the fennel and remove the tough outer layer. Rinse and pat dry.
- Cut the fennel into 4 and slice thinly. Place in a bowl.
- Peel and remove the skin of 1 blood orange and separate into wedges or slice into rounds.
- Juice the other blood orange .
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to the blood orange juice and whisk together.
- Pour over the sliced fennel and top with the blood orange wedges or slices.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes