An anise flavoured biscotti that’s super quick and easy to make. A great introduction to biscotti making!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp anise extract
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Beat the eggs, sugar, oil, and anise extract together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture a little at a time while mixing until all the flour is incorporated into a soft dough.
- Cover with food-safe plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 and prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from fridge and divide into 2 or 3 portions. Form each portion into a thick log and place onto baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or just until they begin to turn a golden colour.
- Remove from the oven and as soon as you can touch the loaves, carefully transfer to a cutting board and cut them into diagonal strips.
- Place them back on the baking pan and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
The dough is quite soft. The refrigeration time is a must, to make this dough workable. These biscotti freeze well in freezer safe bags or air tight containers.
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: anisette biscotti, italian cookies, baking, biscotti