Flavor packed goodness.
- 6 cups Sun-dried or dehydrated tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove grated
- pinch black pepper
- pinch chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Olive oil
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt to season. Mix well. Add the garlic, black pepper, chili flakes, oregano, parsley and approximately 1/8 cup olive oil. Mix well so the tomatoes are evenly coated.
- Using a wide mouth jar or air-tight container, begin layering the seasoned tomatoes. About every 3 layers add about 3 tablespoons of olive oil and gently press down on the layers. Continue layering tomato slices, adding oil and pressing gently until the container is almost full. You want the tomatoes to be even with the oil level when all the tomatoes are in the container.
- Store the dressed tomatoes in oil in the fridge in an air-tight container or jar. They will keep well for several days.
- Serving Size: 8