An easy pasta dish with tons of fresh vegetables and loads of flavour. Simple and delicious!
- 1 small bunch of broccoli (washed and cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 bunch of rapini (washed and cut using only the tender parts)
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus cleaned and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 chicken breast halves
- 6 whole garlic cloves peeled
- chili flakes (optional)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsely flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil + more for sautéing vegetables and chicken
- 1 package (454gm) pasta (we like penne)
Prepare the vegetables
- Boil the broccoli florets slightly in salted water to preferred doneness (do not overcook)
- Do the same for the rapini pieces.
- Sauté the tomato pieces slightly (couple of minutes) in about 1 tsp olive oil
- Saute the asparagus pieces slightly to desired doneness (or can microwave). Season with salt and chili flakes if desired.
- Cut the chicken into 1″X 2″ pieces. Season with salt and pepper and dried parsley. Saute the seasoned chicken pieces in olive oil until completely cooked through.
- Add the whole garlic cloves to the 1/2 cup olive oil in a small pot and when the garlic begin to colour remove from the oil and set aside both the garlic cloves and the oil.
- While you are preparing the vegetables, boil water to cook the pasta. Don’t forget to salt the water!
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package or to the desired firmness.
- When cooked, save 2 cups of the pasta water then drain the pasta.
- Add the cooked pasta and all of the other ingredients to a large serving bowl or platter. Mix everything together gently with wooden spoons.
- Add the garlic flavoured oil and mix gently again to coat everything. If you feel it needs more moisture, add the reserved pasta water a little at a time, mixing after each addition until it is to your liking.
- Add the parmesan cheese and again toss to mix.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Freshly chopped parsley sprinkled right before serving is a nice addition and some like to put in the whole cooked garlic cloves.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 20
- Serving Size: 6