- 3–5 peppers depending on size (hot and/or sweet)
- 2 large potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cylinder package Aurora polenta
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil in a 6 inch pan for frying
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 4 eggs, poached or fried, whichever you like best!
Peppers and Potatoes
- Wash the peppers and cut into chunks.
- Peel and wash the potatoes then slice them into pieces about 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the potatoes until they start to crisp on the edges. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the peppers on high heat for 5 minutes or until they start to crisp around the edges. Turn off the heat and add the potatoes back to the pan. Season with salt.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Cut the polenta into 1/2 inch thick strips about 3 inches long.
- Place the polenta strips into the bowl with the beaten egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Coat each piece of polenta in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a small pan over medium-high heat and fry the polenta strips until crispy on the outside.
- Prepare the eggs in your preferred method and plate over the pepper and potato mixture. Add a few polenta fries to each plate.
- Enjoy while hot.
- You can cook the eggs directly in the pan with the pepper and potato mixture if you like as well. Simply make a little nest for each egg and cover with a lid for 3-5 minutes on medium heat depending on how soft you like your egg yolks.