Traditional cheeseless Calabrese pizza with stewed tomatoes, anchovies, and kalamata olives.
- Half of the pizza dough recipe from Nonna’s Way
- 1 jar stewed tomatoes with skin on
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives
- 8 anchovy fillets packed in oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll or spread your dough to desired pan size and thickness (traditionally this is not a thick pizza) and place on a greased pan.
- Split the olives in half and take out the pits.
- Dice up the anchovies into small pieces.
- Drain tomatoes in a collander.
- In a large bowl mix together the tomatoes, olives, anchovies, salt, oregano, olive oil and hot peppers.
- Spread onto pizza dough evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!
- hot pepper flakes
- Prep Time: 150
- Cook Time: 25